There appears to be a domino effect happening. While I don’t wish anyone going through this to have to suffer one more moment of anguish, I will say I am finding strength in numbers. It is that much more empowering and hopeful that they, in addition to myself, are able to find inner and outer peace as we all rise from the ashes of our soon to be former selves. Sizzle and Snackie have also put fingers to keyboard and bravely poured their guts out (I highly encourage clicking on their links and reading their “moment” and maybe leave them a kind word). Let it be a reminder to us all, no one is going through this alone and I hope we can all be here for each other.
Today, I want to share my goals. For the last few years, I have spent the month of December Hell bent on sitting down and writing my New Year’s resolutions. Usually by February 1st, I have given up on the notion that it is going to happen and hope that it finally happens “next year”. I am fairly certain there is only one reason I haven’t done it: I don’t want to fail and writing it down and not finishing means fail. Annually, I may have the best intentions, but when I don’t follow through, I feel worse than if I had just kept my mouth shut. Wouldn’t you know it? I haven’t let myself down because I also haven’t had any goals. I also haven’t done anything for quite awhile because I’ve given myself no direction.
Today, that changes. I have been taking notes for the last few days. I want this weight loss to mean something to me and the only way to do that is to define what that means. This is the first time I have ever gone on a diet while in a relationship. Every time I tried in the past it was so I could find a relationship. Which means this go ’round really is, for me and I want to make it count.
So here it goes, for all the world to see, in no particular order. To support me if I fail, to support me if I succeed. To keep me on track and my eye on the prize.
- I want to be able to take my shirt off in public.
- I want to have a 36″inseam.
- To post one blog entry a day, taking the weekends off, just like my friend and blogging inspiration, Sizzle.
- To wear a sexy Halloween costume (either revealing skin or something skin tight, but something sexy instead of large and cartoonish).
- Fit comfortably on a roller coaster.
- Turn The Baub Show into a successful weekly radio show.
- To be able to ride horses again.
- To fit comfortably into my own airplane seat and not having to clench my legs the whole flight to avoid spilling into my neighbor.
- One night of stand-up or a one man show.
- Write a book that is published and sits on a shelf in every Barnes and Noble across the country.
- Become friends with Alanis Morissette.
- To have the legal right to marry in California.
- Meet Natalie Maines.
- To be able to buy clothes in any department store and not be limited to the Big and Tall section of Kmart.
- Look good for my sister’s wedding.
- To audition for the next Sweatin’ to the Oldies.
- To be able to do push-ups without the aid of my knees.
This is my beginning. I will continue to add more as they come to me. It would mean a lot to me if you took a moment and left a comment below and shared with me one (or as many as you’d like) of your goals. As I update this, we can all come back to it together and see how we are all doing. And your goal can be anything. It doesn’t have to be weight related, it just has to be a dream that is honest and personal to you. With a collective conscience, we can accomplish all of this and so much more! It all starts with a dream and divine intention.
“Let your intentions be good – embodied in good thoughts, cheerful words, and unselfish deeds – and the world will be to you a bright and happy place in which to work and play and serve”
Grenville Kleiser (American author 1868-1953)